You Need to Know about How Long Do AirPods Take to Charge

You Need to Know about How Long Do AirPods Take to Charge

By julianapardogonzalez

One of the worst feelings in daily life is realizing that your wireless devices’ battery is fully drained when you are about to use it. Worse is when you are on a tight schedule, with only a couple of minutes to spare, but not knowing if those minutes are sufficient to juice.  

In this case, we are going to talk about the one of the most important accessories of Apple. After 6 years of its launch, the AirPods are not only still current, but also remains a mystery regarding the battery. Although this does not necessarily have to be a technical problem but a lack of knowledge of users about it. So, find out how long the AirPods will last between charges and how long they take to charge according to this detailed guide. 

Also, with this guide, the idea is finding out if there is any difference in the charging time between each model of AirPods. 

We can start, with the principal and basic way to charge your AirPods is via the charging case. 

How Long Do AirPods Take to Charge? 

To answer this question, a review blog about headphones and some other technologies items, called Headophonesty, made a multiple test to determine the charging time required. Even trying when just how long a fully charged pair of AirPods could last with active use

Before starting to give the conclusions on these tests, it must be said that 4 models were used (AirPods, AirPods, AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max) and 2 metrics were considered (Charging time in case of a full charge and full charge battery life).  

To achieve a full charge, the fastest device is the AirPods with 20 to 25 minutes, while the AirPods 3 and AirPods Pro need 50 to 60 minutes and the award to the longest are the AirPods Max with 2 hours. Now, in terms of duration with full charge, the results are proportional, i.e., the AirPods Max take 2 hours to charge and provide 20 hours of listening, while for example the AirPods take 25 minutes to charge but only 5 hours of listening. Personally, I could wait 2 hours of charging if I have a full day of listening with my headphones.  

The only “but” that I found; it is the AirPods Max must be charged while plugged in as their case is not technically a charging case. 

Why do AirPods 3 and AirPods Pro require longer charging times than the AirPods? 

This happens because all of Apple’s devices are built with lithium-ion batteries in them. And though this component makes the batteries do charge faster, it also means that they are more prone to wear and damage. 

Moreover, after the very first moment you use lithium-ion batteries, they start to degrade. And with time, they will gradually become less effective in holding charges. This issue is why Apple has integrated the Optimized Battery Charging feature in its newer offerings, like the AirPods Gen 3 and AirPods Pro series. 

What it is the Optimized Battery Charging? 

It is designed to protect the battery within by changing the way it charges, in this case, your AirPods. Works learning from your past charging patterns and will automatically pause the charging when the AirPods are 80% charged. Around the time you usually stop the charging cycle, this feature will start charging the remaining 20%. 

As a result, here it is the reason, why this charging feature reduces the time your AirPods spend fully charged, which is better for their batteries. 

What and How Does AirPods’ Fast Charging Feature Work? 

Well… the fast charging is simply the capability of allowing your devices to charge at a faster rate than standard charging. Typically, this means having your devices charged up for only a fraction of the required time. 

And the way to enable fast charging for the AirPods case, you need to charge it through a wired connection. 

I hope this information will help you to take care and get the most out of your hearing aids and their battery. 

%d bloggers like this: