How to use Boomerang on Instagram?
Undoubtedly, social networks occupy a prominent place in the lives of millions of users, worldwide. One of the most popular social media is Instagram, which has great acceptance among the public. This acceptance has prompted its creators to develop various apps that allow users to create attractive and interesting publications. One of the mentioned applications is Boomerang on Instagram.
Initially, Boomerang had to be downloaded independently from the Google Play Store or from the App Store, for Android devices or iOS devices respectively. However, recently the Instagram team has incorporated this tool as part of the inherent and intrinsic functions of the social network app. That is why, now when creating any of your publications, you can choose to use Boomerang directly from the Instagram screen.
What is Boomerang?
Boomerang is an Instagram application that allows you to generate publications with a “boomerang” effect. This mobile app creates short videos that are repeated in a loop, hence it is called the “boomerang” effect.
What this software actually generates is a sequence of photographs in a cycle or loop, similar to a gif. Therefore, it does not create a video or images, but a succession of photos.
With Boomerang the image sequence runs in both directions: forward and reverse. Once the last photograph is reached, the sequence is repeated but in the opposite direction: from the last image to the first. All this is repeated over and over again.
The objective of this application is to provide users with a tool that allows them to produce fun, attractive and unique photo sequences. With Boomerang you can let your imagination run wild and create your original mini videos whenever you want.
- The app makes it easy to capture images using the front camera or the rear camera of your cell phone.
- You can download the application directly from Instagram.
- You do not need to register or create an account to use it.
- It is very easy to use. It only has one button.
- The image sequence created by Boomerang, can be immediately shared through Instagram or Facebook.
- It is an excellent option to create your Instagram Stories.
How does Boomerang work on Instagram?
When you want to produce a sequence of unique images, you just have to follow a few simple steps that we will detail below.
- Go to Instagram and select the “+” option from the social network menu. This is the standard option to include a new publication.
- Once you are on the new posts screen, you will see the infinity symbol among the options. Press this icon, if you have not yet downloaded Boomerang, you will be presented with the screen to do so. Otherwise, you will see the screen with the active camera and the corresponding button.
- To start capturing the sequence of photos, just press the button and let the app do its work. After a few seconds the mini video will be ready, and a preview of it will be presented.
- If you are satisfied with the result, you just have to indicate it by pressing the acceptance arrow and in a few moments you will have your production available to share it on your social media accounts.
The process is extremely simple and very similar to the one you use to upload your Instagram Stories, so you will surely familiarize yourself with it quickly. Another similarity that image successions have with Instagram Stories is that you can also see who plays your mini-video.
On the other hand, Boomerang saves your production automatically in the memory of your smartphone, so that you have it whenever you want.
Considerations for using Boomerang
These are some considerations that you should take into account before starting to use Boomerang on Instagram, to get a perfect product:
- Select a moving target to get a burst of images that catch eyes.
- Keep in mind that although the result may seem like a small video, it is actually a sequence of ten photos captured by the app. Consequently, the final product does not include audio.
- If you need to include sound to your small video, you can do it with other tools.
- Before starting to capture the photographs, define well what you want to capture in your image sequence. Be very clear about the movement you want to present in your publication, and coordinate very well the moment in which you will press the Boomerang button.
- Make sure you have good lighting, so you can enjoy good quality images.
- Another aspect to consider is the stability of your cell phone while the application captures the photos. Make sure your mobile device is fixed, if you can use a tripod or place it in a stable place, much better.
New modalities in Boomerang of Instagram
As an improvement to the application, the Instagram team has incorporated new modalities or styles of Boomerang so that you can create even more varied publications.
With these improvements you can create four types of video for your social network account:
- Classic: it is the standard or classic modality.
- SlowMo: with this type of Boomerang you can reduce the speed of the succession of images in half, obtaining a slow-motion style.
- Echo: this option applies a double vision or blur effect.
- Duo: this style takes care of rewinding the photograph, giving it a digitized appearance.
How to use the new Boomerangs styles on Instagram
From the beginning, the app was very easy to use, and this philosophy is maintained with its new functions or styles.
- First, you must enter Instagram and go to the new publication option. From there, choose the option to record a new Boomerang.
- Once you have your image sequence ready, you will see an infinity symbol located at the top right of the screen. By clicking on this icon, you will be presented with the four modalities of Boomerang.
- Select the style you want and you’re done.
Additionally, you will also have the opportunity to further reduce your video and edit it including text with a different format, incorporate sound, an emoticon, a gif, whatever you prefer.
You just have to give free rein to your creativity to create unique and captivating posts and Instagram Stories.